When you hear people talk about Miami, you most likely have a picture of beaches and people in swimwear lying in the sun. This is part of Miami, but it has so much more to offer. To prove our point, we have gathered some cool facts about Miami that you may not know.
National Parks. Miami Beach is the only city in the US that has more than one national park. It is bordered by the Biscayne National Park and the Everglades National Park. There are many activities for visitors and it is beautiful.
Buried Treasure. Legend has it that pirates like Blackbeard and Gasparilla buried or left many treasures in the ocean surrounding Miami Beach. People have found lots of gold and silver in the nearby ocean and on the land. Get your shovel and goggles and go treasure hunting.
Celebrity Watching. Many celebrities visit Miami Beach on a daily basis. You can get some drinks and have a look out for you can spot.
Man-made. Miami Beach is a man-made island. It used to be a coconut grove plantation but was transformed into one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world.
Cruises. Miami has the largest cruise ship port in the world. There are quite a number of cruise ships that check in at these ports. This is the perfect place to go on a cruise.
Cultural Diversity. There is said to be more than 150 ethnicities in Miami Beach. To go along with that, there are more than 60 languages spoken in this area. It is a very culturally diverse place and this shows in the food and traditions that can be found.
Glitz and Glamour. Miami Beach hosts a large variety of world class restaurants. You will find some of the biggest celebrities visiting and dining at these high-end places. There is also a lot of modeling and recording for artists. Many people who are now famous, started out in Miami Beach.
Miami Beach is truly a versatile and busy place to be. Lots to do, lots to see, and lots to experience.
Miami is heavily influenced by Latin cultures and flavors. This means that you will find some unique food dishes that you may never have heard of. We compiled the top 5 dishes you have to try when visiting Miami. We hope you try it and love it like we do.
1. Peruvian Ceviche. You will find this dish at one of the Peruvian restaurants that have become quite popular in Miami. They offer a classic ceviche which is a signature dish. If you don’t like ceviche, at least try some other seafood dish as they are delicious and fresh in Miami.
2. Cuban Cafecito. This is perfect after a night in the clubs and experiencing the Miami nightlife scene. You will need some sunglasses and a Cafecito or Cuban espresso. It will get the kick back in you and get you ready for the new day’s adventures.
3. Colombian Perro. If you like fast food or need some more help with that hangover, you want to find a perro. This is basically a hot dog, but so much better. This hot dog is made of a fried beef hot dog that is smothered in bacon and mozzarella. Then you add crushed potato chips, pineapple sauce, garlic sauce, and a sauce mixture of mayonnaise and tomato sauce. It is to die for. Best make your order ahead of time as you might need to wait.
4. Cuban Ham Croquetas. A croquette is a small sort of bread that is rolled and fried to become a cylinder shape. You get different types of croquettes that usually include ham, cheese, or chicken. You might find some with salami if you look for it. They are not very expensive.
5. Nicaraguan Gallo Pinto. Original gallo pinto consists of beans and rice. The Nicaraguan version, however, has some surprises that will make your mouth water. If you have not tried Nica food before, start with their gallo pinto.
These dishes are easy to find in Miami and if you are unsure, just ask someone. You will fall in love with this mix of different dishes.
Miami is one of the best places in the world to visit or live in. It is all over television shows and movies and everyone always seems happy here. If you are planning to visit soon, we have a list of things you must do when you get here. This is our personal tourist guide to you.
Little Havana. Experience Cuba without being in Cuba. Many Cubans fled when Fidel Castro came to power and they settled in what is now called Little Havana. The culture, noises, food, and smells are true to Cuba.
Vicaya Museum and Gardens. This museum is a must-see for anyone who loves architecture and antiques. The building is Renaissance-style and the furniture and items inside date back to the 16th to 19th centuries. It is breath-taking and beautiful.
Art Deco. There is an Art Deco District in Miami where many of the buildings date back to the 1920s to 1940s. This is an absolutely beautiful sight that you have to experience. The buildings are painted in candy colors to attract attention.
South Beach. No matter where you heard it, but you have heard about South Beach before. You will probably expect bikini-clad roller skaters and a beach filled with the young and beautiful. This is what you will find. Explore Ocean Drive and all the restaurants and museums it offers.
The Forge. When in Miami, you have to eat at The Forge at least once. This steakhouse has served many movie stars and is very popular. They have exceptional wines that are matched to their dishes perfectly.
Festivals and celebrations. While you are in Miami, there will most likely be a festival, carnival, or celebration of some kind. Drink in the Miami experience by taking part in these events. You will have a lot of fun and memories that you will never forget.
There is so much more to do in Miami and the list will go on for days. Try these places first and then visit a tourist center for more attractions.